1. How are eyelash extensions applied?
Our eyelash extensions are applied individually 1mm away from the eyelid to your natural eyelashes using a medical-grade formaldehyde-free adhesive. Lash extensions come in different lengths, thicknesses, and curls, resulting in very subtle and natural to very noticeable and dramatic, based on our preferences.
2. How long does the procedure take?
The procedure can take anywhere from 90 minutes to 150 minutes depending on the service desired.
3. Are eyelash extensions bad/harmful?
When properly applied and taken care of, eyelash extensions are no worse than applying mascara! Our staff will go over how to maintain your lashes before you leave our spa.
4. Does it hurt?
No, eyelash extensions are painless. Most clients feel relaxed and often fall asleep during the procedure. At Dolly Effect, we use extremely high-quality products to bring the highest level of comfort possible for our clients.
5. Do I need to make an appointment?
Yes, appointments are required as we cannot guarantee accommodation for walk-ins. Please schedule an appointment and honor your appointment time to avoid long waits and to ensure quality lash application.
6. What do I need to do before my appointment?
Please arrive with no makeup on or around the eye area. When removing makeup around the eyes, use a mild cleanser and avoid using moisturizers, sunscreen, and removers that have oil-based formulas. Lashes must be clean for the adhesive to bond properly.
7. I wear contacts, may I wear them during the procedure?
We recommend removing your contact lenses before lash application. Eyes may feel dry and irritated with contact lenses kept in during lash application since your eyes must be kept closed for the entirety of the appointment (up to 2.5 hours).
8. How long do eyelash extensions last?
Eyelash extensions last 2-5 weeks on average depending on a number of factors such as aftercare, hair quality, weather, etc.
9. Can I use an eyelash curler to curl my lash extensions?
No, an eyelash curler will break the bond on your extensions and will damage your natural eyelashes.
10. Will I lose my own lashes?
No, as long as you refrain from rubbing your eyes or tugging at the extensions you will not lose your own lashes. However, your natural lashes do shed approximately two to five lashes every day with or without eyelashes extensions.
11. What can I do to make my extensions last longer?
Do not get the extensions wet for the first 24 hours after your appointment. Keep out of any steam rooms, saunas, swimming pools to give the adhesive sufficient time to bond to the natural lash. Avoid vigorous rubbing of the eyes or tugging at your lashes. Do not use oil-based makeup or makeup removers.
12. Can I still wear makeup/mascara?
We do not recommend wearing mascara since it is very difficult to remove from the extensions without pulling at your natural eyelashes. Please use oil-free cosmetics when removing makeup close to the eye area while wearing eyelash extensions.
13. What is the length and thickness of the extensions that are used?
Our lash extensions range from 7mm to 20mm in length, and 0.05mm to 0.15mm in thickness.
14. What type of adhesives are used?
Our lash technicians only use medical-grade adhesive solely made for professional eyelash extensions. Our medical-grade Dolly Effect adhesive is formaldehyde-free, contains butyl cyanoacrylate (for fast bonding), poly alkyl methacrylate (for extra hold) and poly isocyanate pigment (for mascara-like color).
15. When do I have to get them retouched?
We recommend clients come in for touch-ups every 2-3 weeks. Clients who prefer to maintain a very full look come in on a weekly basis.
16. How do you remove eyelash extensions?
Removals are done at the salon by the lash artist. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself, it is best to schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed with a special removing solvent. You may also wait for your natural lash cycle to complete and have the extensions fall off naturally.
17. How do I take care of my lash extensions?
- Avoid getting your eyelash extensions wet for the first 6 hours. We recommend keeping the eyelash extensions dry for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid going to places with extreme heat, steam rooms, and swimming for the first 48 hours.
- Do not rub your eyes too hard.
- Do not use oil-based cleansers, lotions, or makeup removers.
- Use a small Q-tips to remove eyeliner.
- Do not wear mascara.
- Do not curl the eyelash extensions.